Thursday, July 24, 2008

Heights

Remember a little bit ago we were at the campground? Well, it wasn't all bad. In fact, they had a super fantastico water slide that the big kids LOVED. You remember....where the lifeguard chain smoked while watching my children? Here they are at the top of the staircase waiting their turn--see them waving at me?Here's a better view of what that staircase was like. Um, yea. I don't do heights. But, in the spirit of motherhood and family fun, I tried it. I was pretty sure when the kids came running up behind me grabbing my arm excitedly to tell me about their last ride I was going to plummet to my death by falling between the cracks of the staircase. What? It could happen!And here are their cute little faces when they reached the bottom. And miraculously, no one plummeted.



They also had a cedar lake. My husband, who is from NY, was all "Wha? Why is the water brown?" Apparently, he didn't grow up swimming in cedar lakes like me and was a bit put off...well, I can't really blame him. I didn't even go in. The kids loved it though. Here's a little video of all the big kids racing Dad into the water. They had a blast.


video

3 comments:

Sandy said...

Hi Janet,
I have been reading your blog for awhile - got it through Nate's site. I have enjoyed your pictures. Camping with family is always an interesting experience. I say I camp simply because I love my family - no other reason :)
Sandy Schroll

Janet said...

i loved going camping i had a great time with the fam im really glad that we could go
thanks mom and dad for taking us it was great


britton

Janet said...

you couldnt find me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol


britton