Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Most Wonderful Place on Earth

I was able to meet up with some high school friends at what must be one of the most wonderful places on earth: The Smith Memorial Playground. I have lived within 15 miles of this place and did not even know it existed! How can this be? Do you see all the fun to be had here?





There was so much more....but I was too busy playing to take pictures. The Playground is most famous for its two story high wooden slide that was first built in 1905. When my mom was a little girl growing up in Philly she came to this park and rode the same slide! No! Not in 1905! Sheesh people! Be nice!


video




video

4 comments:

hemidemisemiquaver said...

Oh my gosh!! Where is that? Seriously? That slide reminds me of the salt mines in Salzburg. They were all wooden, and we had to wear leather flaps on our rear ends so it wouldn't burn going down!

Shelly said...

looks like such fun! i wanna use the slide =)

Agnes said...

We would go down on our pant bottoms, no mat, "back in the day", and with about ten kids at one time. Great fun! Your grandmom and Uncle Pat also enjoyed the park and slide in the 1920'at which time, they told me, there was a merry go round with a brass ring machine. But that is another story. Must go out for a visit myself.

Tote, Debby, Sammy and Caleb Jimenez said...

that looks so fun! i've never heard of that park before! gonna have to try it out! thanks!!